Tuesday 19 April 2011

Ask Angela: Pipe Problems


click to enlarge

I'm very inspired by the 1950s and 60s and try to give my illustrations a retro feel. Claude in particular is set in this time and I really enjoy looking through old photos and style books to get everything right.
A couple of months ago I went to an antique and vintage book fair and whilst a lot of it was waaaaaay out of my price range (£10,000 for a copy of a Famous Five book?!) a found a stall right at the back selling vintage fashion magazine and I bought a stack of them. It's been great going through them. I particularly love the problem pages ( Ask Angela) and decided to illustrate one of them. I think I might do some more in the future... there's a good question about gravy etiquette!

1 comment:

  1. This is great, oh do do some more of these, especially the gravy one :)

    ReplyDelete