Friday 30 July 2010

EGG!





Click to enlarge

"Of all the suspicious looking houses in all the deserted woods
in all the world, he had to roll up to hers..."


Yesterday this arrived -my advance copy of my new picture book - EGG!

I'm so delighted with it - the colours have reproduced beautifully and the spot varnish on the cover is a glorious, shiny treat.
If you think you might like to read an exciting story - a sort of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?/A Streetcar Named Desire, but for children and with a Fox and an egg - this is the book for you.
It can be pre-ordered here, or here and of course at you local independent bookseller.
(Don't forget about them - they are brilliant.)

I do apologise for the quality of the photos. The light today is truly awful and these are very much the best of a bad bunch!


4 comments:

  1. OMG I want a copy! See FBL told you animation was useful. Congrats Smalex!

    Stilts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I believe yours might be my new favorite blog. Ill be checking back in to see what other fabulous things you have created :)

    http://www.littlejackrabbits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stilts! yes all those long sweaty hours slaving over a light box WERE useful - who'd have thunk!
    A
    x

    Little Jackrabbits - Thank you for a really lovely message! I'm going to keep my peepers peeled on your blog too - it looks greats!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, I am a librarian and today I read your book, Foxy & Egg... This is going to be one of my favorite book EVER!!! Your illustrations are beautiful and charming and all-around wonderful! Thanks for writing such a fabulous book, I can't wait for it to be put on display here at the library and have lots of children check it out and love it as much as I do! :) Look forward to reading and enjoying you art in the future!

    ReplyDelete